For many plate reader assays performed in (hospital)laboratories it is essential to monitor and control the temperature of liquid samples accurately. In plate readers the results of assays can be affected by temperature fluctuations of the samples, risking faulty diagnosis for patients. Governments are installing strict regulations for laboratories to control the temperature in their laboratory instruments. Contact thermometers are ruled out as they contaminate the samples and influence the temperature of the samples. Exergen noncontact infra-red temperature sensors are the only available option to measure sample temperature accurately.
The Optimal Solution
lRt/c sensors are used to monitor the changes in, and quickly detect, fluctuations in sample temperature, allowing accurate control of the actual sample temperature. In a plate reader the micro IRt/c is placed above a single well allowing individual sample monitoring up to 0.1°C accuracy, or to measure if a temperature gradient over the microtiter plate exists.
Why Exergen IR Non-Contact Sensors?
- Non contact – no sample contamination or obstruction of moving objects
- lRt/cs are self powered and intrinsically safe
- Repeatability error of 0.01°C (0.02°F)
- Interchangeability error ± 1%
- Resolution of approx. 0.0001°C
- Side view sensors if the available space is limited
- assay speed: monitor when the sample has reached the required temperature to immediately start the assay
- yield: fewer assays will fail due to temperature fluctuations
- quality: you can prove that you are safely within the prescribed temperature ranges.
Exergen Global transformed into CleverIR.
We will diversify - we will offer a broader selection of infrared temperature solutions whilst offering the whole Exergen family.