One model each R, S: adjustable over entire sensing range, output tables available
Minimum Spot Size at dist.
(with supplied apertures)
Minimum Spot Size
0.07” (1.8 mm) at 8” (200 mm) from sensor
Field-of-View at > min. spot
2 to 20 μ
2 to 20 μ
0.1 to 5 μ
10 Kohms approx
Twisted shielded pair of base thermocouple material (J,K,etc.), 3 ft (.9 m) std length, Teflon sheathed, rated to 392°F (200°C) continuous service
8.375” x 1.375” Dia. (213 x 35 mm)
20 oz (570 g) with cable
Stainless steel, hermetically sealed, exceeds NEMA 4,4x; IP65,67, intrinsically safe, cable shield grounded to housing and electrically isolated from signal
Built-in; cooling capacity to 400°F (200°C) ambient; 3’ (0.9 m) polyurethane tubing provided
Set-up and calibration instructions
For all IRt/c Models with “A” in model designation (IRt/c.xxxA)
1. Connect air purge first if installing in process already at operating temperature. Provide minimum 5 psig (30 kPa) air pressure.
2. Install IRt/c and align to view the desired target. Bring target to operating temperature if not already there. Connect leads to readout device to be used (controller, PLC, etc.).
3. If the target temperature is not known, measure the target temperature with an accurate reference. Remove the setscrew to expose the calibration screw. Adjust the calibration screw to obtain reading desired. Replace the setscrew cover when complete. For final process adjustments, the ZERO or OFFSET adjustments available on readout devices can be conveniently used.
• Installation and calibration complete.
• To maximize the linear range, see Tech Note #70.
• Calibration screw operates like a radio volume control: clockwise increases signal.